Wednesday, February 10, 2016

NEW GADGETS

IN THE NOT TOO DISTANT PAST, I had a little lunch party for an old friend who, like me, moved away from the old neighborhood and returned to New York for a short visit. We were pals from the doggy trails in the environs of Grant's Tomb on Riverside Drive (where many a friendship is forged through the love of dogs) and I had promised to make her lunch and play some Chopin. She was accompanied by her sister, who happened to be visiting New York as well. So, our little trio had a great time chatting, laughing and talking about our lives over Fennel and Orange Salad, Split Pea Soup, Fried Eggplant and Roasted Pears with Yogurt and Raspberry Jam and Ricotta Gelato. Even Ludwig got to eat something special in his kibble: chicken livers! A few weeks later, a fancy card arrived from Sur La Table with a $50.00 gift card enclosed. They sent it in appreciation of the wonderful time we all had.  

I was happy enough when I found a Trudeau Salt Mill, and just as I was about to give up (I had only spent half of the amount on the card), I thought: Eureka! Let me ask: "Do you by chance happen to carry a Chitarra?" The sales person responded: "A what?" After describing what it was and what it did, they checked and lo and behold, there it was, right in fronT of our noses! So, thank you Kate and Melanie for your kind and thoughtful gifts!

CHITARRA WITH WIRES TO MAKE TAGLIATELLE

REVERSE: TAGLIOLINI

SALT MILL AND PINK HIMALAYAN SALT
The Chitarra is rather handsome, n'est çe pas? And the salt mill is gorgeous and works like a charm. I haven't used the chitarra yet, but rest assured, you'll be hearing all about it very soon!







1 comment: