Tuesday, August 20, 2013

LEFTOVER PASTA SALAD

I'M NOT exactly sure if I like this big print but we'll continue.

First things first: I would really appreciate it if people who read my blog would make comments. It makes this much more congenial and it would be nice to have some feedback, good or bad; nothing is censored or filtered here so, feel free. You can even do it anonymously if you're shy!

Last night, I made linguini with pesto. An entire pound of pasta. This morning, I looked at the leftovers and realized that I hadn't mentioned that pesto isn't very good cold. Tepid, room temperature or even slightly warmed, yes; but cold? Absolutely not. It's sort of a gloppy, congealed mess. So, living in a leftover world (Sicilians never throw food away), and, especially because the mercury is expected to rise to almost 90º, I took a container of cherry tomatoes, half of a shallot, a bunch of parsley and chopped it all very coarsely. I then added a little salt and pepper, about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkling or two of rice vinegar and since I had fresh chives drying on a plate, I added a little of that as well. 

I mixed it all together with the leftover pasta and this is what I got! LUNCH!

Linguini with Fresh Tomatoes and Shallots
I am cooking large dried lima beans as I write this . . . with olive oil, a shallot, bay leaves and sage. More on that later.

Have a wonderful day!

Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment