Thursday, April 9, 2020

MOVING ON . . . CHOCOLATE PAVLOVA

I PROMISED some recipes so let us begin.

Let's start with the Chocolate Pavlova.

I first saw this on one of Nigella Lawson's shows. I adore meringue, as can be seen from the several other entries on this blog about Pavlovas and meringue. A Pavlova is usually white and can be a single disc of mountains of beaten egg whites or multi-layered with a variety of fillings: whipped cream with berries, with passion fruit, with lemon curd or a combination of whatever takes your fancy. The chocolate Pavlova is no different except its darker and because of the nature of chocolate, fairly limits the possibilities of combinations. I wouldn't, for instance, use strawberries or blackberries or any kind of citrus curd with chocolate (candied orange peel dipped in chocolate, yes!). In any event, this recipe demonstrates only one variant of a very versatile dessert. What I can and will say here is this: the chocolate Pavlova as seen below is perhaps the most divine and glorious dessert I have ever made or eaten. One, two, even three servings of this will never be enough as gluttony rules!


I'm including the link to Nigella Lawson's site on the Food Channel because she can express herself so much better than I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment